Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bucks win in my presences

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=704103

Bucks 93, Bobcats 89

Since I live in Charlotte, or the suburbs, I decided that I should see my favorite team, the Bucks, with some of my friends. To clarify, I still root for the Bobcats, but obviously my alligence is to the Bucks. Decked out in my Redd jersey, I was disappointed when he didn't play, but was thrilled by the win. During the game, I was heckling Charlie Bell due to his comments in the Journal that day. He played pretty well I suppose. I also found myself screaming that Yi was out of position, Simmons runs like he's 90, and Gadzuric didn't play, lucky for him. There was also a small Aussie following cheering Andrew Bogut on, and very often due to his great game. He dominated Emeka Okafor all game long. Nice win over a lousy opponent. Weak crowd as well. I'd say around 10,000. My friend asked if the Bobcats would move, and I said no. It is simple economics, new arena=30 years. Plus Charlotte has shown that they aren't like Atlanta. When the team is good, they will show up in droves, and for 5 years after. The Bucks need a new arena. Imagine the embarrassment of another team leaving. Milwaukee is a great NBA town when the Bucks are even moderately good, and it should stay like that.

No comments: